The Canadian Rockies are renowned for the jaw-dropping views that they have to offer. People queue up to get their fill of the Rocky Mountains with the popular train tours through the Canadian Rockies, which are a must on your list of things to do if you love the mountains or just traveling. Travelers are quite in awe of the deep blue glacial lakes, the endless pine forests, the rugged mountains, and the abundant wildlife like the mighty grizzly bear that inhabit this region.
There are quite a few accommodation options for you to pick and choose from if you plan to travel to the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Scroll down to take a look at some of the amazing accommodation options you can find at the Canadian Rockies:
- Emerald Lake Lodge: This magical location is famed for its jade-colored waters. It was legendary guide Tom Wilson who discovered this place more than a hundred years ago, while constructing the track for the Canadian Pacific Railway. Even today, this amazing lodge remains one of the most outstanding lodges of the country in a wilderness setting. There is definitely no shortage of history within the walls of the Emerald Lake Lodge, right from the massive, century-old fireplaces to the oak bar salvaged Yukon saloon. The lodge is built using hand-hewn timber and features a very elegant dining room, conference facilities, quiet reading and sitting rooms, and a games room as well.
- Rimrock Resort: Located on Sulphur Mountain in the heart of the Canadian Rockies is the pristine Rimrock resort, which offers exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. The resort also offers fine dining, a relaxation spa, and special accommodation packages to suit all your needs. The Rimrock Resort makes for convenient accommodation for a holiday at the Canadian Rockies, as it is located just steps away from the Banff Upper Hot Springs and the Banff Gondola. While staying at this spectacular Canadian Rockies hotel, you will also have easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, and biking.
- Lake O’Hara Lodge: Serene Alpine beauty is combined with outdoor mountain adventure at this amazing property. Lake O’Hara is considered to be the crown jewel of the Canadian Rockies and forms the perfect place for relaxation after a tiring day of hiking or skiing. You can relax with the help of the hot showers and claw foot bathtubs, and enjoy impressive landscapes from the room while you snuggle up in the warm and cozy beds. You can enjoy fine dining with fresh local meals and choose from an extensive British Columbia wine list. This Canadian Rockies accommodation is filled with postcard-quality views everywhere you turn.
- Mount Engadine Lodge: Mount Engadine Lodge is a hidden getaway located in the pristine Spray Valley Provincial Park. It is definitely worth mentioning that this Canadian Rockies accommodation has been awarded by Alberta Tourism for its sustainable hospitality. It is a place that offers luxury combined with the natural harmony around the property. You can experience a relaxing all-inclusive vacation that is added to by the efficient and staff members of the lodge, who can even help you plan your outdoor activities. The meals at Mount Engadine Lodge are served family-style, giving people a chance to socialize and get to know other people staying at the lodge. This Canadian Rockies accommodation is a quiet retreat that lets you indulge in your need to disconnect and unwind.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel: This world-famous property stands as a landmark in the picturesque town of Banff, Alberta. Also called Canada’s “Castle in the Rockies,” the Fairmont Springs is a luxury mountain resort that offers the option of golfing in the summers and skiing in the winters. It is a massive resort with 764 guest rooms and suites. A stay on the Fairmount Gold floor lets you experience private concierge, a lounge, and complimentary continental breakfast. The views of the sweeping Alberta Mountain from the suites are simply spectacular, and the rooms offering these views are very comfortable and cozy, tucked away in quiet corners of the castle. A visit to the Willow Stream Spa to soothe your sore muscles in a mineral bath is simply a must to relax after a day outdoors or just to rejuvenate.
- Moraine Lake Lodge: Moraine Lake Lodge provides the perfect accommodation for a luxury romantic getaway in the Canadian Rockies. It is nestled in a breathtaking valley near a stunning lake in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Be it a honeymoon, wedding anniversary, hiking experience, or just a relaxing vacation, this is the place to settle down at. With only the exception of a Wi-Fi connection, there are no telephones or televisions in any of the rooms, making it a calm and serene escape from the busy everyday life.